Monday, September 22, 2008

The passing of a good thing.

I don't watch all that much television. I simply don't have time to. This is why I mourn the passing of one show that I follow religiously with my family: Boston Legal.

Boston Legal is a phenomenal TV show that provides intelligent, contemporary commentary on society and current events and issues. The show, while often humorous, is also frequently quite serious in nature. For the past two years, my family has sat on our couch every Tuesday (until it changed days) at 10:00 and watched Alan Shore, Denny Crane, and Shirley Schmidt fight for noble causes. 

Although Boston Legal is a brilliantly written, award-winning show, it has not attracted the audience it so deserves. Thus, tonight was the final season premiere of Boston Legal.

They say all good things must come to an end.

I suppose it is true.

Farewell.

No comments: