Saturday, January 2, 2010

An interesting time... the end of a year, the end of a decade, and the end of my first semester at college. The first is cause for celebration, the second is cause for reflection, and the last is cause for planning ahead.

To my family: I am blessed to count you as my own. You have loved and guided me as I've grown, and forgiven my mistakes. I hope you know how dearly I hold you in my heart, and that I'd do anything for you.

To my friends: Thank you for brightening my days. I hope that I can return some fraction of the joy that you inspire in me.

To him: I don't know if I've met you yet, but if I have, I hope that you consider me to be a person you can come to both when you're strong and when you're broken, and that you'll let me share in your life, as I'd like to share mine with you.

To you: You've sat and listened to my dreams, my heartaches, my joys, my disappointments, my passions, my musings, my hopes. I hope you can take something away with you that might be useful, or simply something that will make you smile.

Maybe I'll write a book.

No comments: