Friday, December 3, 2010

Waiting

I am waiting out the semester. If I can just get through to the end of the semester, I can achieve anything I ever want to. I can move past the education classes that, although they are interesting, have eaten my life; I can move on to get a job; I can move on to start learning the concerto I want to enter into next year's concerto competition.

So many things. But right now I'm fighting to achieve the bare minimum to get through the end of the semester intact.

At the beginning of my freshman year, someone tole me that musicians were particularly prone to mental health problems.

I think she may have been right. I look around me at my classmates and I see anxiety, bitterness, and resentment.

Don't get me wrong, I see a lot of good things, too, but I see anxiety, bitterness, and resentment every day. I only hope that I can maintain the positive outlook on life that I feel I have maintained thus far.

No comments: