Thursday, December 17, 2009

My minty chocolate lover

I was watching "True Blood" with my friend Megan the other day, and Sookie was talking with her grandmother about the Starbucks that was going to be built nearby. Her grandmother was of the opinion that it was unnecessary, but Sookie mentioned having read somewhere that ever since people started buying their "fancy coffee" the incidences of calcium deficiencies have decreased because of all the milk in the beverages.



I am a sucker for a peppermint mocha. I want to work at Starbucks so I can learn to make them for myself. This semester, I got into a three-times-a-week habit of going to Starbucks after my Aural Skills class to get a cup of warm, peppermint-chocolate comfort. Could my meal points be better spent? Perhaps. But after class that early in the morning, I don't care. Why a peppermint mocha? Perhaps it's because it tastes exactly like Christmas. Christmas is my favorite season, and this year it lasts until mid January, because that's when I have to go back to school.



When I go back, I'll have so many meal points... and they're all for my daily rendezvous with my peppermint-mocha lover.

1 comment:

Smutly said...

Have you considered making your own chocolate treats?
Mmmmm, heart food.
http://www.colinfbrennan.com/chocolate-heart-medicine/