Thursday, November 13, 2008

Relief

So, after stressing myself out about auditions for the past forever, I just found out that I actually don't have to have the Chopin Etude ready by this weekend. You have no idea just how much of a relief that is to me. Everything else is pretty much done... just some polishing to do between now and then. I can actually relax a little bit now.
In related news, I got an email from Indiana a couple of days ago... but I didn't see it until just now. I got in! I have officially been accepted as a student at Indiana University. Now I just have to get in the school of music.
Life is seriously starting to look good for the next little bit: Marching band is only practicing once a week anymore, I got into college, Thanksgiving, Birthday, and Christmas are on their way, I'll be done with auditions very soon, I don't have to go to either of the parades with marching band (Thank you, conveniently placed audition and recital...), and I'll be able to get a job sometime after new years (Starbucks, here I come)!
We're doing a poetry unit in my english class. I love poetry. I love how I've been able to use two of the poems I've been obsessed with lately in my assignments (John Donne's "Batter my heart, O Three person'd God" and William Butler Yeats "The Stolen Child"). I love that I got a recording of John Adam's setting of "Batter my Heart" from Doctor Atomic off Youtube.

I'm so incredibly happy right now.

The only downside is that I've misplaced my iPod. Which is inconvenient; we've got an exceptionally long drive tomorrow to play against Butler High School in Charlotte. What will I do on the way back?

No comments: