Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dear L,

You are the only person I know who could possibly begin to imagine that the phrase, "I never want to have anything to do with you again" means that I would want to see you. Well, let me make myself abundantly clear in a way that even you couldn't misunderstand: Your presence in my life has been one of the worst things that could have ever happened to me. I do not like you, even remotely. The only reason I am civil to you when we interact is because you are my brother's mother, and to do otherwise would upset him. However, the fact that you were once married to my father does not mean that you and I are family (and the fact that you have the nerve to put your relationship status as "It's complicated" on facebook merely suggests that you are out of your mind. You've been divorced for well on six years now, and Dad's remarried to a wonderful woman who has loved us and cared for us, which is more that I can say for you. You need to get a grip). You are not my "mommy." If, after the things you did while you were here, you think that I could possibly like you, let alone love you, then you are seriously mistaken. The fact that you actually thought I might want you at graduation only proves further that you are, in fact, delusional. To summarize, I do not want to see you at graduation. I do not want to see you ever. If you can't understand that, then you are either stupid or malicious.
I propose it is the latter.

Sincerely,
Robert

No comments: