Monday, April 12, 2010

I have written three essays for my expository writing class.
Two have been graded, and one will be graded in the upcoming two weeks.
I feel very very strongly about the one which I will take to my teacher tomorrow, but I felt strongly about the last two I turned in as well.
The first one was a B.
I can handle that.

The second one was a C.
I'm not so enthusiastic about that one.

Let's shoot for an A, shall we? I think an A would be lovely. You have to understand that I abhor grades. I was in an educational situation once (North Carolina Governor's School) where there were no grades, where the students learned for the sake of learning. That was absolutely wonderful.
However, reality has hit me that without grades, there isn't a realistic way to evaluate a student's progress in a class. Do I like that fact? No. Do I think there could be a way developed in the future? Yes, and I hope that happens. However, for right now, grades are here to stay.
And since they're here... I might as well try to make good ones.

I felt so strongly about the other two papers, though. I really thought I was going to do well on them. So the fact that I feel strongly about this one as well is freaking me out just a little bit.

I love the process that I have been going through for the past few months. I feel that I have grown as a man and as a musician, and I hope that is reflected in my life.

S, J, and I need to sign our housing lease! NOW!

No comments: