Tuesday, October 19, 2010

alksdfja;lsdfkjas;lkdfj;alskdfj

So, I'm having another major crisis (as in I'm not sure how I feel about my major, not a crisis of large proportions). I don't want to be an education major. I thought it would make sense for me to be an education major, because it blends my two passions: music and people.

That didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to.

The more I get into my education classes, the more I think that having a teaching job would be my own private hell. I really like helping my friends with their homework, and I think that I would like giving private lessons, but I do both of those on my own terms, when I want to do them, not five days a week from 8-3 (read: 730-whenever you finish, which will inevitably be after 3).

So I'm going to switch. I don't know what I'm going to switch to, but I'm going to switch. I'm going to spend next semester as piano performance again, but I'm going to take voice lessons from one of the Grad students here to see if I like it (I think that I had such a negative experience with voice lessons last year because the teacher and I didn't mesh, not because I didn't like singing).

I just wish I knew what I wanted to do. I've been considering non-performance and non-education musical careers, and I'm having trouble thinking of any.

But we'll see where it goes.

I downloaded Atomic Tom's album today, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm supposed to perform the first movement of my Haydn sonata tomorrow. I'm not satisfied with where it is.

No comments: