Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I can't say it right

Do you ever get overcome with emotion at how beautiful everything is, and how unworthy we all are to be here?
I don't see myself as a very religious person in the traditional sense, but sometimes I get into this mindset where I look at things and I can't help but wonder at how great God is that every single sensation we experience springs from His imagination.
Like, I understand that a lot of my friends are atheists/agnostics/whatever, and they're going to disagree with me on this, and that's fine. But right now, I feel like such a child, and everything is new, and beautiful, and exciting.
I just watched my GSE Digital Summerbook, and I saw all of the people I got to know, and I listened to all of the music, and saw all of the performances, and the people liking each other, laughing, and I remember how truly awesome it was to be with so many people that loved each other enough to disagree without fighting, and to come together to create so many beautiful shows, concerts, and it astounds me.
It's simply astounding how vibrating air particles can hit our eardrums in such a way that we percieve music, or speech, or laughter, and that we feel what the person making those vibrations are feeling...

I can't accurately express what I'm feeling right now.

But it's beautiful.

People may disagree about the technicalities and structure of religion, and I'm sure that I could find a TON of people out there who would tell me I'm wrong (Do it! Come argue with me about religion and God. I love hearing what you have to say, especially if you'll hear what I have to say. Come argue with me, debate with me, because we can. I hope we disagree. I hope I get something new from you. I hope you get something new from me, if you want it.) but I think that THIS is what God is about. This complicated, frustrating, beautiful sense of wonder and awe at everything around you. THIS thing that I can't say right, but I try anyway.

I love you. Yes, you. You, who are reading this.
I love you. I may not know who you are, but you are beautiful.

No comments: