I know I should be sleeping, but I don't want to. Therefore, I can't. I need to get back into a normal sleep pattern, because (AUGH) school starts again on Monday.
Speaking of which, I need to finish my english assignments (bah.) before they're due.
I could be doing them now... that would certainly make me want to go to sleep...
I could go play computer games...
I WISH I could practice, but that would wake everybody up. GAH.
I don't want to sleep, but I don't want to do much of anything that a person is allowed to do at 3 in the morning.
I think I'm supposed to do something tomorrow (today, technically). What is it?
My Dad got an iPod for Christmas. He's having WAY too much fun downloading songs.
His purchases so far:
- Jolene- Dolly Parton
- I Will Always Love You- Dolly Parton
- Good Hearted Woman- Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson
- Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys- Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson
- Crazy- Patsy Cline
- Sweet Dreams (Of You)- Patsy Cline
- She's Got You- Patsy Cline
- Coal Miner's Daughter- Loretta Lynn (which rhymes the words "hard" and "tired." Not as a slant rhyme. Literally, "tired" is pronounced "tahrd." And my father wonders why we don't have the same taste in music.)
- My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys- Willie Nelson
- Georgia On My Mind- Willie Nelson
- Proud Mary- Tina Turner
- What's Love Got to Do With It- Tina Turner
- Piano Man- Billy Joel
- She's Always a Woman- Billy Joel
- He Stopped Loving Her Today- George Jones
- A Country Boy Can Survive- Hank Williams, Jr.
- Stand By Your Man- Tammy Wynette (Which reminds me of a show Dad's newspaper sponsored once... The Honky Tonk Angels. A musical celebrating the woman's voice in country music. Frankly, I enjoyed it. I won't ever tell Dad... except he reads this occasionally... but I did enjoy it. EXCEPT when they came down off the stage and plucked three audience members to dance with them... including myself. I was 10. I was mortified.)
- Hello Darlin'- Conway Twitty
- Rocky Top- Osborne Brothers
- Orange Blossom Special- Dr. Ralph Stanley & The Clinch Mountain Boys
- The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down- Joan Baez
- An American Trilogy- Elvis Presley
Frankly, I like some of the songs. However, country music has never been, and unless things change drastically, most likely will never be my first choice when it comes to music.
I suppose if he's going to purchase country music, he at least has purchased the some of the finer examples.
He did get Tina Turner and Billy Joel. I suppose that redeems him slightly.
Random thought: If you are one of those people who reads my blog for inexplicable reasons, kindly write your name down as a response to this post. I'm curious.