Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm finished with my finals

So, it's a little past midnight on Thursday of finals week. I'm finished with school completely. As soon as final grades are posted, then I will officially have enough hours to qualify as a sophomore at the University of Oklahoma. And that is so very surreal.
This year I have:
  • changed my mind about six million times about what I want to do with my life
  • become a brother at the Mu chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
  • learned and performed music by Bach, Mozart, Brahms, Scriabin, Chopin, and Debussy on the piano
  • sung in Mendelssohn's Elijah with an orchestra
  • made crepe desserts at a fair
  • marched in a 300ish person marching band in front of thousands of fans on multiple occasions
  • survived a tornado
  • learned that I really want to be a teacher
  • made a bunch of really excellent friends
  • discovered an issue that I care a lot about, and want to work to improve
  • discovered the minimum amount of sleep that I require in order to function the next day
  • made a music video
  • more than doubled the amount of music that I have on my laptop
  • premiered a piece of music
  • developed more efficient practice habits
  • grown (somewhat) into more of an adult than I was before I went to college (I hope)
  • had more late-night conversations than I can remember
  • developed a love-hate relationship with Burger King
  • stumbled across a newfound love for snowcones and stir fry (not at the same time)
And more. I've become very at home here in Oklahoma, and I'm going to miss being here this summer.

I had my jury this week, and I played well! I made some very silly mistakes that I'd never made before, but then again, that's live performance. They didn't slow me down any, and that's the important part. I have music picked out for next year, too.


I'm happy here.
I need to finish packing tomorrow.
I'm looking forward to having an apartment next year. My roommates are spectacular.

No comments: