Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summer

In my final essay for my expository writing class, I wrote of the cold, clammy grip of my hometown. At the time, I thought I was simply being fantastical with my sensory language, but I have returned home, and found that my description was accurate. I love seeing my family, and there are some old friends here that I am glad to spend time with again... but this place is going to drive me mad if I have to spend too much more time here.

The following will keep me sane:
  • practicing. The focus of learning new music, and of learning a new instrument, will give me a distraction.
  • reading. Evidently I'm an escapist.
  • getting a job. having a paycheck will give me the sense of moving very concretely towards the first thing I will be doing when the summer ends- Austria.
I miss my brothers.

No comments: