Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rage against notebook checks

Notebook checks are possibly the most irritating grade a teacher can take. Organization is not my strong point, and because it's not my strong point, I have developed my own system that works for me when it comes to keeping track of assignments.
I am 19 years old. I have just completed my freshman year of college.
If I can't keep track of my assignments and handouts, shouldn't that be on my own head?
And even if the teacher IS going to assign a notebook check, why should format be one of the things we are graded on? Why should I have points taken off if my folders show up in alphabetical order instead of the order listed on the rubric (A rubric which, by the way, said NOTHING about having the contents in a specific order)? All of the items were clearly labeled, and there was no question about where things were.
It's just stupid. I started having notebook checks in like middle school, and now that I'm an adult, I should be expected to keep up with a notebook without having it be graded for things like the order it's in.

IT'S JUST DUMB.

No comments: