Sunday, August 24, 2008

I don't care about titles right now.

I have a new role model: Matthew Mitcham!
In addition to being the only out gay man at the Olympics right now, he's also a gold medalist at said Olympics. There aren't enough positive gay role models.
I get this little rush of joy every time I discover a new one. I don't know why, but I do.
Have I mentioned that he's cute? And I'm jealous of his partner?
Lachlan, if you ever read this (Why you would be reading this, I don't know... Nobody else does. Not that I care. It's more something to do than anything else. That would be cool for someone to read this though... HEY!!!!! YOU OUT THERE!!!!! READ MY STUFF!!!!! *crickets chirp* Oh well. Continuing...) I hope you realize how lucky you are to be dating a cute Olympic athlete who looks good in a speedo.
I'm going to imagine Matthew Mitcham as a wholesome, fun-loving guy who is devoted to his sport and is a genuinely nice person who cares about other people, and who thinks highly of his friends. The kind of person who thinks, "Wow! I'm really glad I'm friends with so-and-so. I value them as a person, and I enjoy their company. I'm lucky to have met them and have them as a part of my life!" And of course, he's be such a nice person that all his friends think the same thing about him.
Oh anonymous future boyfriend... wherever you are, take notes from my imaginations depiction of Mr. Mitcham. This is a good example for you to follow.
That would be so awesome if he turns out to be like that... God, I hope I get to meet him some day.
Maybe I'll be a famous concert pianist by then!
That means I should practice more.
I started looking at college audition requirements the other day...
They're scary.
My audition repertoire right now is this:
Prelude and Fugue in C major, Well Tempered Clavier Book 1- J. S. Bach
Sonata Op. 27 No. 2 "Moonlight"- Ludwig van Beethoven (The entire thing, not just the first movement)
Two Rhapsodies, Op. 79- Johannes Brahms (I've got the second one almost down, and then it occurred to me yesterday that I should probably learn the first one, too. I'm going to start on that...)
Etude Op. 10 No. 14 "Revolutionary"- Frederic Chopin (Scary. But It's coming very nicely.)
The Sunken Cathedral- Claude Debussy

I shall mix and match as colleges deem necessary.
I plan to audition (at the moment, this changes frequently) at:
Oberlin
UNC-G
Indiana University
University of Michigan
Northwestern University (Maybe? They're REALLY expensive, and they don't offer merit scholarships. But what a school...)

No comments: