Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Music

So... I went to Sheetmusicplus.com today, because I need to buy music for the upcoming year and college and stuff. I put the following things into my shopping cart:

Sonata for Flute and Piano- Francis Poulenc
Flute Sonata- Paul Hindemith
Six Sonatas for Flute- J. S. Bach
The evil scale book that I don't know the name of- Paul Taffanel and Philippe Gaubert
The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1 (Urtext)- J. S. Bach
The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 2 (Urtext)- J. S. Bach
Piano Sonatas, Book 1 (Urtext)- Ludwig van Beethoven

and do you know how much these are going to cost?
$188.95!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AUGH. Why should sheet music cost this much? It's not like I'm getting really off-the-wall stuff here, this is basic repertoire for flute and piano! I DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY! My dad probably will not pay for it without a HUGE fuss, and it's SOOOOO annoying.

*sigh* In happier news, I've decided which Olympic athlete I'm going to marry: Alexandre Despatie, diver for Canada.
SOOO hot.
Probably not into men though... Oh well. Matthew Mitcham's really cute, too.
Why do divers have such excellent bodies? What do they do as they train?

No comments: