Monday, August 10, 2009

On Hell

Hell is McDonalds. With its overcrowdedness, long lines, less-than appealing food, and waiting THIRTY MINUTES for an iced mocha (while the masses of humanity pressed in on me with their greasy quarter-pounders with cheese and lukewarm apple turnovers) that ended up tasting like shit once I actually got it.
Oh, and they were out of napkins. We had to use industrial-size, poor-quality toilet paper.
Let me tell you exactly how well that cleans up a dropped cup of iced coffee, courtesy of my father.

I saw my little brother today for what is probably the last time before I go off to college.
I can't help but think that I've been to hard on him. I mean, God knows that he behaves SO inappropriately such a great deal of the time, so it's not like I'm not justified... but still.

As I saw him climb into that gray minivan, I couldn't help but watch through the blinds, seeing the woman who I have hated for so long... and yet I can't anymore. I look out, and I see her with him, and she clearly loves him. She wants what's best for him, she's just so misguided about it that she's bungling up so much. I can't help but feel sorry for her. As she stood there in her windbreaker and jeans, flipping her hair behind her... she's pathetic. She wants so badly to be significant. I just... can't say exactly what I feel about her, but it's not hate. I can't hate her when I see her.

I want a Steve.

AH it stopped. Make it go! It can't stop like that! NOOOOOOOO.

*ahem* I've kind of gotten into this webcomic that my friend J introduced me to.
Check it out.
http://www.khaoskomix.com/home.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can have Steve, I just want Murfs...or Tom, but that might be awkward.