Thursday, September 25, 2008

Observations

Taken during math class:
  • Mrs. London is awesome. She writes on the smartboard loudly, quickly, and with passion. Math excites her to no end, and her enthusiasm is contagious. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'm looking forward to the Trig pizza party. Also, she likes Lipton Diet Green Tea.
  • Inevitably, you will get sick before an audition or performance. Failing that, beware bodily harm.
  • Why is the word "finite" pronounced 'faInaIt (fiyniyt, for the IPA challenged), and the word "infinite" pronounced 'Inf«nIt (ihnfihniht)? Also, why do they not teach IPA in school? I had to go find an online IPA transcriber. It was surprisingly difficult to find. In case you want it, here's the link: IPA English Dictionary
  • Perhaps there is a connection between liking math and liking music theory.
  • ***** sitting behind me and to the left is rather pretentious. Kind of like **** and *********.
  • MRS. SNOW HAS A COPY OF THE VOCAL SCORE TO HANDEL'S MESSIAH!!!!! AND SHE LOANED IT TO ME!!!!!
  • I'm a dork.
  • Honors chorus auditions are tomorrow! Cat's not auditioning. Grr. That would be so cool if everybody from school made it. Then we would totally have to stay at the hotel, instead of driving back and forth like last year. And if we stay in the hotel, me and Chelsea can hang out with GSE people! Except not Cat. Because she's not auditioning. Grr.
  • I finally got all my music from iTunes. Evelynn Glennie's A Little Prayer would be gorgeous for choir. If only I could get my hands on a copy...
  • College applications/scholarships/auditions are TERRIFYING. I wish I had more time to practice... I should be practicing now, but my parents are watching the Grey's Anatomy season premiere... And other times, Michael is sleeping, I don't get home 'til late, Dad and Elizabeth have gone to bed, or I'm doing homework. I NEED TO PRACTICE!!!!! AUGH!!!!! If only I could practice during 2nd period, instead of having to work on my online class...

1 comment:

chupakitty said...

1) that thing about getting sick? you never spoke a truer word. I couldn't breathe the day of my Gov School audition though, and I still made it in.
2) math sucks math sucks math sucks. there is no connection. lol.
3) IPA is glorious.
4) hey lookie I'm in this post twice. :]

I leave long pointless comments.