Saturday, September 13, 2008

Stuff

So, in (semi)recent news, our school IS NOT doing a musical this year. Due to the excessive complaints from the theatre students about the fact that they would not get to do a straight play their senior year, Mrs. Calhoun and Mrs. Snow changed their minds. Which is certainly reasonable, since if there's THIS much drama going on and they hadn't even announced the play they were going to do, then the drama once the class actually began would be unbearable.
So no musical. Oh well. Maybe I'll find a community theatre play to audition for somewhere.

In other news, our new band teacher has scheduled Saturday practices for our marching band, due to the fact that we're INCREDIBLY behind schedule. It's pretty bad. We've only got the first number on the field at the moment (and still not perfectly), and most schools have already got the entire thing on the field by now.
Yikes.
I sense stressful marching band competitions in the upcoming future.

And I'm performing tomorrow at First United Methodist Church of Mocksville. Mrs. Brewer asked me to play one of the pieces I played at my recital a few months ago, and the first thought that went through my head was, "Oh crap. I haven't played those since May." So I went to rehearse with Mrs. Basham today, (the minister of music @ FUMC) and we decided that the piece that I was going to play wouldn't be up to performance level (which is putting it nicely. Airs de Ballet d'Ascanio isn't something you can pick up after 4 months and put together with an accompanist the day before the performance.) so we picked out something else to play. Some Telemann sonatina. It's pretty.
I like it.
I'm going to get coffee now, and then go see a movie with mis amigos.

No comments: