Monday, May 25, 2009

What a cruel twist of fate

What a cruel twist of fate that I should meet a spectacular individual at such a late stage in this chapter of my life and coexist with such a person for a comparatively small period of time, only to be whisked away again by geography. It's completely unfair, considering how fascinating you are, and how I enjoy your voice, both literally and literarily. You've got such phenomenal taste in music, too.
And then to come so close to spending the next chapter of my life with you nearby, only to have another opportunity come along, that while appealing, lacks you.
I only fear that the geographic distance will make us distant in relationship, as well. Hopefully, a four year absence will not be irreparable. I'll visit when I come home, I promise. Because you're worth it.

No comments: